Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal Heat Pumps 5kw to 15kw
£910.00 – £1,799.00 inc VAT
- Product Literature
- Delivery & Payment
- Additional information
Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal Heat Pumps
UPDATE 25/6/20: ALL MODEL OF THERMOTEC INVERTER RANGE ARE OUT OF STOCK. MORE STOCK IS DUE IN AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST 2020.
CUSTOMERS CAN ORDER IN ADVANCE AND EITHER PAY IN FULL OR PAY A DEPOSIT TO SECURE THE UNIT
HeatPumps4Pools are the leading specialist supplier of swimming pool heat pumps. We have many years of experience in the market and have used our expertise to research and design our own range of swimming pool heat pumps.
New for 2020, the Thermotec Eco Fun range of pool heat pumps offer a low cost with high value for money.
This range is ideal for above ground or in-ground pools that you want to use for an extended season.
The Thermotec Eco Fun deliver greatly reduced running costs with COPs of up to 5.98. This means that for every 1kw of electricity used by the heat pump, 5.98kw of heat is delivered to the pool. This delivers reduced running costs compared with electric heaters on the market.
New improved performance, better COP, electronic expansion valve system
- Outside Air Temperature Operating range -7 to 43 degrees
- Suitable for above ground and in-ground pools
- High efficiency with COPs of up to 5.98
- This heat pump has the function to heat or cool the pool
- Hot gas defrost cycle.
- Titanium heat exchanger – resistant to salt and chlorine
- Digital control panel on all models
- Quiet running
- Set Temperatures for this model are 15-43 degrees
- R32 refrigerant gas
- Plastic corrosion resistant case
- Water flow switch
- 2-Year warranty
- Designed & Built For Long Life & Reliability
- Note: these heat pumps do not come with a power cable or plug. The require a heavy duty piece of round flex cable with a plug on the end. The 5kw, 8.5kw and 11.5kw models can be run from a standard 13A plug and. Larger sizes need to be hard-wired to a consumer unit with a dedicated electrical breaker
- Note: These heat pumps come with a 50mm glue socketwater connection union. If you wish to connect flexible hose to the heat pump for above ground pools, then please also purchase 2 x male hosetails, 1 x glue and 2 x 50mm to 1.5″ adaptors.
3a. What size heat pump do I require for my pool?
The sizing guide for an in-ground covered pool is:-
|Model||Kw||Above Ground Pools
Max Pool Volume
In ground Pools
Max Pool Volume
In Ground Pools
Absolute Max Pool Volume
|Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal||5kw||12m3||25m3||35m3|
|Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal||8.5kw||25m3||
|Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal||11.5kw||35m3||
|Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal||13.5kw||45m3||
|Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal||15kw||50m3||
Please note if you have an above ground pool, please increase the size of the heat pump as there will be more heat loss from the sides of the pool than an in-ground pool.
4. COP And Performance
The Thermotec Eco Fun heat pumps can work well with outside air temperatures as low as -7c
Even as the outside air temperature falls, the Thermotec Eco Fun will still perform well, delivering heat to your pool.
The COP (Coefficient of Performance) is the ratio of the amount of heat (in kw) that the heat pump delivers to your pool compared to the electricity that the heat pump uses (in kw)
5. Extremely Quiet Operation
The Thermotec Eco Fun range work very silently thanks to a unique internal ventilation system
The Thermotec Eco Fun has an LCD touch-screen display
The display has a protective flap to protect it from the weather and UV rays.
The display shows:-
- The current pool water temperature
- The mode (e.g. heating or cooling)
- If the timer function has been set
- If the fan is operating
- The current time and date
- The outside ambient temperature
- If there is a fault, a fault code is displayed to explain the problem
Please see Specifications tab at the top of the page
8. Mounting Feet and Unions Included
The Thermotec Eco Fun horizontal range of heat pumps come with:-
- 2 x Water connection unions (with 50mm glue socket outlets – 1.5″ adaptor bushes available as an option)
- 4 x Rubber mounting feet (heavy duty mounting blocks available as an option – see below)
9. Water Connections
These heat pumps come with grey 50mm unions
If you wish to connect flexible hose to the heat pump for above ground pools, then please also purchase 2 x male hosetails, 1 x glue and 2 x 50mm to 1.5″ adaptors.
|Heavy Duty Mounting Feet||These heat pumps come with rubber mounting feet (see photo above).
Alternatively you can purchase these heavy duty Mounting Feet.
These raise the unit off the ground by approximately 100mm, and also help to reduce vibration.
Please see our Mounting Feet and Slabs section for more information.
|Bypass Kit||Please see our Bypass Kits section section for more information.|
|Winter Cover||We offer a heavy duty cover which will give you added and extended protection against the winter weather
Please see our Winter Cover section section for more information.
Installation is straightforward. We can provide advice on installing your heat pump. We can also offer an installation service if required.
We recommend that a bypass is installed to allow the heat pump to be drained in winter if not in use. We sell bypass kits if required.
Please see our Installation Tips pages for information on how to install your heat pump. Our Photo Gallery also has photograph examples of pool heat pump installations and please also see the FAQ pages for more information
Please contact us for further advice
The range of Thermotec Eco Fun pool heat pumps will be in stock from August 2020. Once received, they can be shipped to any UK address on a 1 – 3 day delivery service.
We are taking deposits for these heat pumps, so please call us now to place your order.
The price includes FREE UK delivery.
We can ship the Thermotec Eco Fun heat pumps to any country. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
The Thermotec Eco Fun heat pumps come with a 2-year warranty on all components:-
- UK – First year – parts and labour warranty, Year 2 – parts only warranty, or return to us in the UK (customer pays transport cost)
- Europe and outside the UK – 2-Year parts only warranty or return to us in the UK (customer pays transport cost). If spare parts are required, they will be sent free of charge to a UK address. If they are to be shipped outside the UK, the customer pays the international shipping cost
We recommend that you retain the pallet and packaging that the heat pump was delivered with in case you need to return the unit to us for repairs under the warranty.
The warranty will not apply where the heat pump has been installed incorrectly, or has been damaged by freezing
15. Technical Support
We are happy to provide technical support for all Thermotec swimming pool heat pumps that we supply.
We hold spare parts to support all Thermotec Eco Fun heat pumps both during and after the warranty period
16. Product Literature
Please see the Literature tab at the top of the page for the Brochure and User Manual downloads.
If you need any assistance or advice as to which model would be best for your pool, please email us
for more information, also see our FAQs page
All items sold in accordance with our terms and conditions
For all enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the links below to download pdf brochures for these products
|Thermotec Eco Fun Horizontal User Manual|
We accept all major credit and debit cards, Bank Transfer (BACS) and Paypal
For details of PayPal Credit please click here: PayPal Credit
The prices shown include FREE UK delivery for orders over £50 or £6.50 for orders under £50
We can ship to any country. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
The lead time on most items is normally on a 1-2 day delivery, subject to availability. Please call to check availability.
5kw, 8.5kw, 11.5kw, 13.5kw, 15kw